Health & Safety
Before commencing swimming lessons with us, it is essential that our swimmers read and agree to the following Health and Safety Terms and Conditions, for their own safety and that of all other swimmers and staff.
- All swimmers should visit the toilet and shower before entering the pool.
- Please advise us of any health and/or learning difficulties (such as deafness, speech or understanding impediments) before enrolling, as this enables us the teacher to discuss different strategies we can use to help the lessons run smoothly.
- We would recommend that if you eat before a lesson, you should have a light meal no less than an hour before swimming.
- Swimmers with heavy colds, sinusitis and ear infections are requested not to swim.
- Any swimmer who has had sickness or an upset tummy should not swim until at least 48 hours after the last bout of illness. If a swimmer has had an illness causing them to be absent from school or work for more than a week, or they have had to seek medical assistance, they should not swim for 2 weeks after the last bout of illness and they have been given the all clear from their GP.
- Anyone with bleeding skin wounds, even if small, should not go in the pool. Broken and grazed skin should be covered with a waterproof plaster.
- Verrucas must be covered either by a treatment cream barrier (such as Bazuka) or sealed with a waterproof plaster. Please ensure flip flops or pool shoes are worn on the poolside and in the changing area.
- The pool we use is very warm and we recommend spectators bring along a drink of water (plastic containers only please).
- We require notification as soon as possible if any swimmer has contracted any illness such as Meningitis or Hepatitis, to enable us to contact other swimmers and teachers and alert them to take the necessary medical precautions.
- Please ring for advice or contact your family GP if you have any further health queries.
- Our class sizes are small (3 children or 2 adults maximum at a time) and a teacher is in the water with young children and beginners.
- Safety for all must be of paramount concern and we retain the right to remove anyone on, in or around the pool that causes us any concern whatsoever with regard to safety (inclusive of swimmers, teachers and spectators).
- Pools are noisy and loud poolside conversations can compromise safety, so we request spectators do not hold these on the poolside, as our swimmers must be able to hear instructions and not become distracted.
- We work closely with the Pool Manager, conduct health and safety checks at the beginning and end of each session, and have clear risk assessments which all staff are regularly updated on and hold full Public and Employers Liability Insurance.
- Any decisions to close the pool or cancel a lesson at any time are made in consultation with the Pool Manager to ensure the welfare of all pool users and staff.
- There is a ‘STRICTLY NO RIGHT TURN’ policy which applies to all customers leaving the property, as it is too dangerous on such a busy major road. If you need to travel right out of the pool, please first turn left out of the premises and use the roundabout or junction at Little Thetford to turn around and continue your journey. Please also always give right of way to cars entering the site.
- We urge you to pay careful attention to this policy as there are CCTV cameras in place and anyone caught turning right either entering or leaving the premises will be banned from the site. Please understand this rule is in place for everyone’s safety.
- Please use the bays provided (before the ‘Staff Parking Only’ signs) and be respectful of other drivers, parking courteously and not obstructing other cars.